Off the Wagon Wheel - I Quit Sugar Recipe
If you have been watching TBL-transformed on television at the moment, you may have seen the contestants try this recipe out. I love Sarah Wilsons cookbooks and have put the full recipe for Off The Wagon Wheel Slice here for you. This recipe, along with another 300 delicous recipes can be found in her latest cookbook - Simplicious
1 cup Raspberry Chia Jam*
Bake Cookie Dough Recipe
150 g unsalted butter.
2 tablespoons rice malt syrup.
3/4 cups buckwheat flour.
3/4 cups gluten-free plain flour.
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
pinch of sea salt.
1 1/2 tablespoon I Quit Sugar's Gut Lovin' Gelatin powder.
1/4 cup rice malt syrup.
1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
100 g dark 85-90% cocoa chocolate.
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/Gas Mark 4. Grease and line a 28cm x 18cm lamington tin with baking paper.
2. To make the Bake Cookie Dough Base, melt the butter and rice malt syrup in a small saucepan (or in a mixing bowl in the microwave). Combine with the remaining ingredients and mix well. Press the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 15-20 minutes.
3. When cool, spread jam over the base and refrigerate.
4. Meanwhile, to make the marshmallow filling, 'bloom' the gelatin by stirring it into 1/3 cup of COLD water until it dissolves. Allow to sit for 5 minutes - it will become firm like a rubber ball. Meanwhile, combine the rice malt syrup, vanilla and salt in a saucepan with 1 cup of water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring constantly, for 8 minutes. Turn off the heat, add the gelatin blob to the mixture and stir to dissolve. Using a stick blender, blitz until it thickens slightly (or transfer to a high-powdered blender to cut time). It might be easy to let this cool a little beforehand.
5. Pour the marshmallow over the cooled jam layer. Now rub your hands in coconut oil and use your fingers to smooth the surface. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until set.
6. Melt the chocolate slowly in a microwave (or a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of boiling water, making sure the base of the bowl doesn't touch the water) and pour over the marshmallow layer, spreading it evenly. Return the tray to the fridge for at least 1 hour or until the chocolate is set. Cut into squares to serve. Store in a sealed container for up to 5 days.
*Raspberry Chia Jam
1 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen.
2 tablespoons water.
1 tablespoon rice malt syrup.
2 tablespoons chia seeds.
1. Throw all the ingredients into a blender and blitz until smooth. You may need to add some extra water to help it combine.
2. Pour mixture into a saucepan and heat over medium heat until the mixture begins to bubble. Reduce the heat and whisk constantly until thickened, about 3-5 minutes.
3. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 1 week.
Click here to see the full range of I Quit Sugar cookbooks and products